Meet June Castor, Lead Secretary, Crooked River Intermediate

June for CCSD Website

(Crooked River building on Third Street which houses 3rd, 4th, and 5th -graders)

My title is Lead Secretary for Crooked River Intermediate. I have worked here for 17 years.

My job consists of enrolling students, requesting their records, and assigning them their new classroom. I answer the phones, call parents of students who are absent, collect lunch money, find subs for staff, take care of time/leave sheets. I give medication to students, and cover for the nurse when she isn’t available. This involves helping students who get hurt on the playground and distributing band aids when needed.  I also post grades and run report cards, and sometimes cover for a teacher during class time when they are called out for a meeting or phone call.

I love my job! I love being around the students as well as their parents and the staff. One thing for sure is that there is never a dull or boring moment in my office. I keep very busy.

I have been married to my husband, Mark, for 36 years this June. We have 3 daughters and 1 son along with 6 grandchildren. Our oldest grandchild is a first grader here at Crooked River and she has two younger brothers.  The other 3 grandkids; 1 girl and 2 boys, live in Texas. I love being around family. If there is anything at all that I have learned in my life, is that life is short and family & friends mean everything.

Flickr Photos