Third Graders visit Grimes’ Christmas Scene!

Earlier this month, third graders from Crooked River Elementary School visited the Grimes’ Christmas Scene at the Crook County Fairgrounds. In addition to reminding students to wear warm coats, hats, and gloves, they were also asked to bring some loose coins to donate. Later that day, the following email was sent to the school.

“I want to send a message of gratitude to the 3rd-grade classes who visited the Grimes Scene. They came through the door with donations and the message, ‘It was being donated to pay the electric bill for your building.’ I was completely taken back and feel I did not express my gratitude adequately. If my light bill comes in at what it did last year, the students went over the top and there will be some extra to go towards the gas bill too. Their gift of sharing brings tears to my eyes. I would love to give each of them a hug and express how their enthusiasm brings me more pleasure and joy than I can express.
Merry Christmas
Hugs and Love,
Beth Grimes, Jay, Fred, Chuck, Ginger and the Board of directors of the Grimes Christmas Scene.”

Learning about such a “treasure” in our community is a social studies activity, that also teaches students appropriate behavior as part of a community and what we can do individually to help create a well-functioning community.

Thank you, Third Graders, for representing Crooked River in such a wonderful way.

Photo: Mrs. McCormack’s and Mr. Wilson’s 3rd-grade class

Flickr Photos