Meet Heather Wales

Heather is a Resource Teacher at Barnes Butte Elementary. She supports general education classroom teachers with academics. She creates and implements academic goals tailored to each student’s need that are in her program.

Heather and her family moved to Oregon from Arizona last July and are still waiting for all the snow they were promised.  Heather has four kids ages 16, 9, 8 and, 7 and keep her on her toes!  They truly love Oregon but miss their quarterly trips to Disneyland and really good tortillas.

Heather has worked in special education for 8 years and believes these kids keep her young.  This is Heather’s first year working exclusively as a resource teacher and loves working with the kids and seeing them grow and gain confidence.

While living in Arizona, her main hobby was running.  She ran in the Pat Tillman (her hero) run (4.2 miles) for 10 years and is sad that she will not able to participate in this event anymore as it is such a meaningful and touching experience.  Heather also participated in the RunDisney races several times a year.  She said, “I would compete in Disney inspired challenge runs.  I would run a 5K on Friday, 10K on Saturday and the Half Marathon on Sunday.  I love these races because you run through Disneyland and California Adventure including the backlots before they open and it is truly magical.  Oh, and the medals are fantastic!” Heather said her current hobbies are growing plants and brewing beer. She said, “so far Oregon has been an amazing adventure for my family and I and I am so excited for the time when I get to go exploring!”

Flickr Photos